Noria is launching a call for applications to fund fieldwork for young researchers:
‣ 2 grants of 1500 euros each for field research outside of the Europe/Mediterranean zone
‣ 2 grants of 1000 euros each for field research in all geographical zones
The grants will be reimbursements of original receipts for transportation, visa and/or housing costs for fieldwork travel internationally.
Each successful applicant will commit to publishing an article on Noria’s website upon return of field travel and to presenting his or her work at a roundtable meeting. They will benefit from the support of Noria’s team for the writing process, as well as of a cartographer to include a map in their publication.
For all further questions, please email email@example.com
‣ Deadline for applications : 15 December 2018
‣ Announcement of successful applicants : 15 March 2019
‣ Deadline to submit original receipts for reimbursement: 31 December 2019
‣ Students of all nationalities enrolled in their first or second year of doctoral studies in any university (French or other) and owning a SEPA bank account
‣ Having defended their Master 2 thesis during the 2017 or 2018 calendar year in a discipline of the Social Sciences, who do not benefit from long term funding for their doctoral thesis (one year or more)
‣ Who present a project based on a personal fieldwork research (observation, interviews, archives, etc.) internationally for projects in French or English
Noria is committed to respecting values of equity, equality and diversity in the selection process. The jury will be composed of members of Noria, depending on their area of research expertise. Pre-selected applications by individual members of the jury will be examined in full jury assembly, and submitted to vote.
‣ Academic pertinence
‣ Alignment with Noria’s themes: political systems, armed conflict and violent phenomena, foreign policy and migration
‣ Quality and originality of the project
‣ Social criteria: bursary students (according to CROUS or equivalent criteria) will be favoured
How to apply?
Complete the online form here. Please attach:
‣ a CV (2 pages max.)
‣ an abstract of the Master 2 thesis (1 page max.)
‣ the Master 2 thesis